Volunteers are everywhere in our society. Without volunteers, the LGD Alliance Europe and its national sections could not exist and do the important and needed work to support patients and encourage medical research.
The LGD Alliance Europe consists of volunteers who are actively involved in our organisation from their relation to a patient, their profession or interest. We have many roles within our organization where the intention is that everyone has fun in his / her work and the tasks suit the person.
Why would you volunteer in our organization? Below a small list of the personal benefits:
- The added value of volunteering in our organisation is great, especially because it involves serious medical and psychological problems.
- The satisfaction can not be expressed in money. It is a feeling that you get when you do gratifying work!
- Voluntary work in our organization contributes to your personal development.
- We have a large international network. You can further expand your network through our association.
- Practically all companies have a strategy and concrete activities in the field of ‘socially responsible / committed business’. Companies, therefore, ask their employees, in one way or another, to commit themselves to social goals. Various companies also take part in the annual assessment of the deployment of an employee as a volunteer.
- We have good arrangements for our volunteers such as an expense allowance.
Naturally, we comply with the tax rules of the Dutch tax authorities.